Monday 1 April 2013

What exactly is good Hardcore? Can we leave it out of Kwaicore?

So after an amazing long weekend, I've had time to think; here I am slamming something that doesn't and shouldn't ever exist, but I have no actual background of it. Today, I'd like to share what I've gathered to be "good" hardcore music courtesy of a fellow student (Check her out: Another site that hates this).

I've researched hardcore bands, almost died. The following may actually have potential, but as their own genre. Look at bands such as Kill Hannah as well as Blacklisted with their track "Houdini Blues". Its some hard stuff (coming from me who listens to Mozart to calm me the f#ck down in traffic). According to other sites, hardcore punk bands are those in the ranks of Bad Brains and The Exploited, slight head banging, but no serious risk of concussions or whiplash. Then, according to people [names not mentioned for safety reasons but indulge me in looking at their excuses for blogs (They try)] it apparently has deep, soulful meaning. I can definitely see where they may be singing about the beauty of the day and lifes meaning in between their screaming of colorful f#cking language.

What I'm trying to say with this post is that hardcore music, hardcore punk to be specific, is already trying hard to be something by itself. Why the F would you now force it to work with a genre like Kwaito??  

1 comment:

Let me know what you think